Monday, June 05, 2006

I don't know what I was thinking

Why am I doing this? What possessed me to teach summer school? This is pure hell already. No one signed up for my classes because they all wanted to take welding and pottery, so I have the "default" kids who get things chosen for them because they can't be trusted to make a decision or are legally retarded. So much for the lessons I wrote. I won't get any lists of modifications for these kids, so I'll spend three and a half weeks deducing what their damage is and possibly be able to put together an appropriate lesson for them in the last two days.

To top it off, my psycho sub-administrator is already pulling power trips on me. I am the only one around with the ovaries to stand up to her brash irrationalities, but I get sick of it. I don't get paid enough to get condescended by an ADD sociopath like her.

Oh, just wait. What a summer.

1 Rants:

Blogger Vanessa Vaile ranted...

ADD sociopath is a good description. I've stood up to her - at school & in public space, but I'm not around this summer. You're on your own. Maybe I should drop by for a visit. I seem to be able to really push her buttons too. The kids have no respect for her and hate her. So maybe their critical thinking deficit is not as large as we suspected.

Using program as dumping ground for default kids - and then carrying on about why it's not working - is a major problem year-round, not just a summer one.

It is also a policy that took a quantum lead after the psycho sub-administrator moved into the position. She has also, I am sure you've noticed, driven off a number of students we were actually managing to reach. She has a preference for defaults because they are the only ones she can safely feel superior to.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home