Friday, April 14, 2006

magnetic poetry for the masses

We own two sets of magnetic poetry: the Redneck edition and the Genius set. That is all you need to know about our household.

I am a terrible poet. Solid writer, passable artist, terrible poet. However, I am rendered somewhat less awful by these little infant-choking gems.

----------------------------
Spurn the pedagogue, huh?
Have fun in jail
Yer only another common redneck miscreant
----------------------------
Obdurate hate
Can't alleviate you
Will time ameliorate?
----------------------------


*And now for the first wave....
----------------------------
Curious domicile
Festooned with an amalgam
of ersatz deer & fish
Paragon of Great American double-wides
----------------------------
O Sedulous salesman,
Munificent system:
Bait in the cooler
manure out back
Repose is nearly his.
----------------------------

1 Rants:

Blogger Vanessa Vaile ranted...

Redneck magnets? Neat. I wonder if there are Cajun ones too.

I have a Spanish set in addition to standard variety. When I caught myself arranging them on the refrigerator by parts of speech, I realized for dead cert that I have been an English teacher far too long.

Virtual refrigerator magnets further increase the amount of time wasted online.

Here's something for the kitsch collection - Virtual Refrigerator Magnet Museum at Tacky living - http://www.tackyliving.com/article.php?id=91

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home