Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Anxiety redux

Never have I felt such anxiety about going back to school. I dread it. Usually I'm feeling unrealistically optimistic by this time, and it's not shattered until the first or second week. Granted, I am not feeling particularly productive as of late; a little structure would certainly behoove me...but I almost wish my Bitter Half would receive word that they're expediting his application and we'll have to move ASAP. I'd like to settle in somewhere and just act like I never was a teacher, maybe get a job in a totally unrelated field or just do art full time. No one would ever have to know that I taught and thus wouldn't bug me to Get Involved with the youth of the community. Hell, if I move, I could just make up a background. I'm sure people do it all the time, but I never had the desire (or the chutzpah) to attempt it.

Mmm, think of it...I wouldn't have to look conservative to be considered upstanding enough to teach...I could be seen walking into a bar and no one would flinch...I could be heard uttering an obscenity and it wouldn't make the local gossip rounds...I could get a visible tattoo. Bliss.

3 Rants:

Blogger Hippie Killer ranted...

Great. Now that I've found your blog, there exists yet another way I can blow hours sitting on my ass and reading the internets.

Viva la hate!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Vaile ranted...

Let's hit the Rosebud Saloon sometime. Old fart skin is too thin for tats to heal well - but I did hunt up tat shirts after seeing one on a biker passing through Mountainair.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Sister Morpheme ranted...

Those are fucking awesome. Not as cool as real tattoo sleeves (begging the Bitter Half to get sleeved-- one of my questionable turn-ons) but WAAAAAAY cheaper. A far sight better than the temporary Tramp Stamps our first graders wear emblazoned on their lower backs for three or four days.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home